INVITATION TO BID (ADVERTISEMENT)
1. Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Mammoth Unified School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project:
Flooring Project at Mammoth High School Weight Room (“Project” or “Contract”)
2. Sealed Bids will be received until 10:00 AM., May 20, 2019, at the District Office, located at Mammoth Unified School District, PO Box 3509/ 461 Sierra Park Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be non-responsive and returned to the bidder.
3. The Project consists of: 3792 SF. Mammoth High School Weight Room and Trainers Room. Remove existing carpet, vinyl, and cove base. Replace with Mondo 10mm Sport Impact flooring tiles, color 141 Red Rouge. Replace 340 LF cove base, color Black
4. All bids, certifications, and forms shall be on the forms provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
5. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California Contractor Licenses: C-15. The Bidder's license(s) must be active and in good standing at the time of the bid opening and must remain so throughout the term of the Contract.
6. As security for its Bid, each bidder shall provide with its Bid form:
• a bid bond issued by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District,
• cash, or
• a cashier's check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Mammoth Unified School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price. This bid security shall be a guarantee that the Bidder shall, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
7. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the contract for the Project.
8. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
9. The successful Bidder and its subcontractors shall pay all workers on the Project not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to sections 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are available from the District or on the Internet at: < Bidders and Bidders’ subcontractors shall comply with the registration and qualification requirements pursuant to sections 1725.5 and 1771.1 of the California Labor Code.
10. A voluntary pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on May 13, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. at the flag pole at Mammoth High School, 365, Sierra Park Road, Mammoth Lakes, California 93546. The Site Visit is expected to take approximately 30 minutes.
11. Contract Documents are available on April 25, 2019 at www.mammothusd.org
Contract Documents are also available for purchase for twenty five dollars ($25.00) at the MUSD District Office, 461 Sierra Park Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA. This fee is refundable if the Contract Documents are returned in clean condition to the same location as above no later than ten (10) calendar days after the date of the bid opening.
12. The District’s Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.
13. The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on:
The base bid amount only.
Read More »