Thank you to the many parents who completed the Mammoth Unified School District School Climate Survey. We have been looking at the information from the survey and are beginning to determine possible action steps to respond to needs we have identified. District Administrators and the Instructional Leadership Teams at each school have spent time looking at the results, considering observations, asking questions that have arisen and noting strengths and challenges. We want to share some of those findings with you.
Also, we have developed recommendations for changes to next year’s survey. One change that came from both parents and staff will be to add places for parents to make comments.
Again, thank you for your participation! The information from this survey is important to us!
Mammoth Unified School District remains steadfastly dedicated to maintaining an inclusive culture of respect and support for all students, staff, and parents regardless of immigration status, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We reaffirm our commitment to providing an excellent education and every educational opportunity for every student. We also want to ensure that our families are up to date regarding current practices, policies and resources that are available related to immigration status and federal enforcement. We have placed a new link under Parents/Students on our District Web page titled “Immigration” to make resources available.
All the benefits of a small private education in our public schools. Here are some of our successes:
* MUSD placed on College Board's AP Honor Roll
* MHS is top 6% of California public high schools by US News and World Report - Gold Level Award
* 1:1 student to technology (iPads or laptops)
* 20% of MHS students concurrently enrolled at Cerro Coso Community College
* Outstanding teachers
* Dedicated support staff and coaches
* Flexible learning opportunities: on-line, in-seat, and concurrent
* Dual language program at Mammoth Elementary School
* Foreign language for all students at Mammoth Middle School
* Latino Family Literacy Project
* Elementary music program
* Grades 3-5 STEM program at Mammoth Elementary
* Strong academics, athletics, activities, and arts