School guidance is being released and will be updated regularly.
Note that per the CA Department of Public Health...
- All persons will be required to wear masks inside of school buildings, at school activities and on school transportation at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID Vaccines are available and recommended for all persons ages 12 and up, although they are not required for students or staff at this time.
- OSHA regulations require that unvaccinated school staff must wear N95 masks and be COVID-tested weekly.
- COVID testing will be provided to students and staff and may be required prior to the start of school. If it is required, MUSD will provide COVID testing.
- MUSD will abide by all Public Health directives for quarantine after COVID exposure to staff and students. Parents, staff and students should expect the possibility of quarantine following exposure to COVID, even if they have been vaccinated.
- Quarantine rules are changing: Asymptomatic unvaccinated students and staff who are exposed to COVID-19 may qualify for a modified quarantine, provided they meet criteria listed in the K-12 Guidance. If exposed, vaccinated persons must still submit to COVID testing and receive negative results to remain in school. Local Public Health will determine who needs to quarantine, what type of quarantine is required and for how long following each exposure.