IS THE 2017 MEASURE G UP FOR RENEWAL IN THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020 ELECTION ?
YES, Measure G is up for renewal in the November 2020 election it will extend, but not increase, the previously approved parcel tax for five years.
WHAT IS MEASURE G?
Measure G extends the previously approved parcel tax that started in 2003. Levied on a flat per-parcel basis of $59 per parcel the rate has remained the same since 2003. The parcel tax brings in approximately $620,000 annually to provide Mammoth Unified School District with the financial resources to fund programs at all Mammoth schools located within the District. Per bond measure criteria:
- Enhance math and science classes
- Provide students with books and supplies
- Attract and retain qualified, high-performing teachers
- Provide updated technology, including software, hardware and support
- Keep class size small for early grades
- Enhance student counseling programs
- Maintain library staff and services
- Maintain and enhance District language programs
- Maintain and enhance the District music, arts and enrichment programs
- Maintain extracurricular activities and athletic programs
- Maintain and advance needed educational programs
WHAT TAXPAYER PROTECTIONS ARE IN PLACE?
Measure G comes with significant taxpayer protections. An independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee must review and audit all parcel tax expenditures to ensure that funds are only spent on the programs identified. Measure G includes legal safeguards that prohibit funds from being used for administrators’ salaries. Additionally, all funds will benefit only Mammoth Unified schools—the state is legally prohibited from taking and spending the funds in other districts.
IS THERE AN EXEMPTION FOR SENIOR CITIZENS?
Yes, senior citizen exemption are available, June 1-June 30 of every year. During that time a senior who will be 65 years of age by June 30 of that year, and is their primary residence my apply for an exemption. Please call 760-934-6802 x513 with any questions.
Thank you to the Community for all the support for the local students and their education!