Social Media apps are constantly changing, and it is hard to know what to look out for when discussing issues with children and young adults. Common Sense Media is a great resource for parents on what to look out for in regards to technology and other media when it comes to your children. The link below, or click on the title of this announcement, to take you to a page of Apps to watch out for in 2019 and will give you an idea of what the problem can be with a particular app, and how it may pose an issue for your child. Also, please know that children under the age of 13 are not recommended and in most cases not allowed (there are easy workarounds) to use most social media aps. Please regularly monitor your child’s social media use and have open discussions with your child about their online presence.
If you are unable to attend any of the focus meetings, we encourage providing written comment to The Cosca Group. Survey forms are available at the district office and online on the district’s web page. Your input is valuable to us as we make this very important selection.
The Board of Education
We want to express tremendous gratitude to our community for supporting the MUSD students as expressed through the passage of Measure B. We look forward to the next steps as we prepare to begin the improvements of our facilities.
MUSD takes school safety seriously. Please click the School Safety headline to view the presentation on what has been done and next steps.
All the benefits of a small private education in our public schools. Here are some of our successes:
* MUSD placed on College Board's AP Honor Roll
* MHS is top 6% of California public high schools by US News and World Report - Gold Level Award
* 1:1 student to technology (iPads or laptops)
* 20% of MHS students concurrently enrolled at Cerro Coso Community College
* Outstanding teachers
* Dedicated support staff and coaches
* Flexible learning opportunities: on-line, in-seat, and concurrent
* Dual language program at Mammoth Elementary School
* Foreign language for all students at Mammoth Middle School
* Latino Family Literacy Project
* Elementary music program
* Grades 3-5 STEM program at Mammoth Elementary
* Strong academics, athletics, activities, and arts