Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin on Wednesday, August 14th. For the Middle and High Schools, you may complete data confirmation through the parent portal beginning on the 14th. Please print out your emergency card to bring into the school office. Once you have completed data confirmation and returned your emergency card you will receive your student's schedule. If you are new to our district you will need to pick up a registration packet in the office.
Social Media apps are constantly changing, and it is hard to know what to look out for when discussing issues with children and young adults. Common Sense Media is a great resource for parents on what to look out for in regards to technology and other media when it comes to your children. The link below, or click on the title of this announcement, to take you to a page of Apps to watch out for in 2019 and will give you an idea of what the problem can be with a particular app, and how it may pose an issue for your child. Also, please know that children under the age of 13 are not recommended and in most cases not allowed (there are easy workarounds) to use most social media aps. Please regularly monitor your child’s social media use and have open discussions with your child about their online presence.
MUSD takes school safety seriously. Please click the School Safety headline to view the presentation on what has been done and next steps.
All the benefits of a small private education in our public schools. Here are some of our successes:
* MUSD placed on College Board's AP Honor Roll
* MHS is top 6% of California public high schools by US News and World Report - Gold Level Award
* 1:1 student to technology (iPads or laptops)
* 20% of MHS students concurrently enrolled at Cerro Coso Community College
* Outstanding teachers
* Dedicated support staff and coaches
* Flexible learning opportunities: on-line, in-seat, and concurrent
* Dual language program at Mammoth Elementary School
* Foreign language for all students at Mammoth Middle School
* Latino Family Literacy Project
* Elementary music program
* Grades 3-5 STEM program at Mammoth Elementary
* Strong academics, athletics, activities, and arts