Mammoth Unified School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Employment Opportunities » Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers
All Schools
The process to apply for Substitute Teacher begins at the Mono County Office of Education (MCOE)

*All applicants must hold a current, California Teaching Credential
or have an Emergency 30 Day Teaching Permit

*If applicant does not have a current, California, Teaching Credential, then an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit must be obtained before the Mono County Office of Education (MCOE) will hand out an application packet for substitute teaching

Interested persons must have a Bachelors Degree or higher and passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) to apply for the Emergency 30 Day Teaching Permit.

 Apply for Emergency 30 Day Teaching Permit at the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) @
o Gather items requested; College/university official transcripts, CBEST results, livescan, application forms, and fees
o Livescan for CTC
o Print off instructions and other items requested by CTC
o Complete the top portion of the Temporary County Certificate
o Return in all items requested by the CTC to the Mono County Office of Education (yes – this is sent snail mail – applying for the first time online for this permit is NOT available).
o Payment needs to be attached along with application.

 MCOE can now begin the process to add your name to the Mono County Master Substitute Teacher List.
o MCOE will verify that applicant is up to date with CTC before any paperwork is handed out.
o Applicant will livescan again with MCOE at this time - unless they have worked or volunteered and have prints currently on file.
o All required training and paperwork must be completed before the applicants name will be added to the Mono County Master Substitute Teacher List
o Following the MCOE process – applicants can proceed to the school districts to complete the employment requirements for each district

**It is recommended that interested parties come in and speak to a qualified MUSD/MCOE staff member for information on this process.
Optional health insurance coverage available for employee only
Current California Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit or Teaching Credential
Start Date
Contact Cathy Molina
Phone: 760-934-6802
Fax: 760-934-6803
PO BOX 3509 | 461 Sierra Park Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546