INVITATION TO BID - Window Covering Project at Mammoth Elementary School
1. Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Mammoth Unified School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project:
Window Covering Project at Mammoth Elementary School (“Project” or “Contract”)
2. Sealed Bids will be received until 3:00 p.m., May 27, 2022, at the District Office, located at Mammoth Unified School District, PO Box 3509, 461 Sierra Park Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be non-responsive and returned to the bidder.
3. The Project consists of:
Contractor will install new window coverings at Mammoth Elementary School.
4. All bids, certifications, and forms shall be on the forms provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
5. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California Contractor Licenses: B and/or D-52. The Bidder's license(s) must be active and in good standing at the time of the bid opening and must remain so throughout the term of the Contract.
6. As security for its Bid, each bidder shall provide with its Bid form:
• a bid bond issued by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District,
• cash, or
• a cashier's check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Mammoth Unified School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price. This bid security shall be a guarantee that the Bidder shall, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
7. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the contract for the Project.
8. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
9. The successful Bidder and its subcontractors shall pay all workers on the Project not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to sections 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are available from the District or on the Internet at: <http://www.dir.ca.gov>. Bidders and Bidders’ subcontractors shall comply with the registration and qualification requirements pursuant to sections 1725.5 and 1771.1 of the California Labor Code.
10. A voluntary pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on Thursday May 19, 2022 – must be at least 5 days from first publication], at 10:00 a.m. at Mammoth Elementary School, 1500 Meridian Blvd., Mammoth Lakes, California 93546. All participants are required to sign in with District staff]. The Site Visit is expected to take approximately .5 hour(s). Participants shall at all times socially distance as required by any applicable local, state, or federal guidance, as well as District policy(ies).
11. Contract Documents are available on May 12, 2022, for review at the District’s website at: www.mammothusd.org.
12. Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 3400(c)(2) the District has specified Custom Clutch FRM, Formosa 801 Stormy Gray window coverings manufactured by Hunter Douglas, or comparable pending District approval, as the window coverings to be installed on the Project pursuant to Resolution No. 11-20/21.
13. The contract will be awarded by the District’s Board to the lowest responsible bidder. The District’s Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.