We hope you had a nice winter break. Welcome back for the second semester!
A few updates...
* Mono County is still in the purple tier of the CA Blueprint. Schools in the purple tier may not reopen at this time.
* Husky Club is open. Please be extra vigilant with health & safety precautions. If COVID cases increase dramatically, we may need to consider re-closure of the program. We know that childcare is very important to you, so we will make every attempt to stay open unless the virus reaches a critical and dangerous point for staff and students. We will work with Public Health to make decisions around any potential closures.
* Elementary and middle school ski teams will now begin February 1st. This will allow for the extremely high virus rates to decrease following the holidays. Thanks for your patience!
* There is new school reopening guidance coming from the governor and CA Department of Public Health. School reopening for counties in the purple tier requires less than 28/100,000 7-day positivity rate for COVID. Mono County is currently 95/100,000. Once Mono County reaches state thresholds and our board criteria, our School Reopening Plan will begin. Please see the "School Reopening" tab on the MUSD website for more information.
* There is new Youth Sports Guidance which will allow very limited participation in school athletics programs. We are working with our Athletic Director and coaches to determine what is allowed. We are also waiting for decisions by CIF who has postponed sports seasons across the state in response to the pandemic.
* Please join us for our is Virtual Parent Night on Wednesday, January 6th at 7pm. Thanks to Shana Stapp and MCOE for this great opportunity! (Zoom.US Meeting ID: 944 6977 3836 Password: Learn)
Happy New Year to you and your family!