CITIZENS’ BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE FOR
RENOVATION, MODERNIZATION AND EXPANSION OF EXISTING SCHOOL FACILITIES
Because the Mammoth Unified School District ("District") elected to pursue a bond election under the provisions of Proposition 39, State Law requires the District to establish a Committee appointed by the District's Governing Board. The Committee's purposes are:
- To actively inform the public concerning the expenditures of bond revenues.
- To review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayer money for school construction.
- To report to members of the community whether the District is in compliance with bond
expenditures requirements according to paragraph (3) of subdivision (b) of Section 1 of
Article XIIIA of the California Constitution.
Duties of the Committee will include:
- Monitor whether Bond funds are spent only on projects listed in the Bond Project Lists.
- Monitor progress of Bond projects.
- Receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Bond projects as
required by California State law (Proposition 39).
- Provide information to the public on the progress of Bond projects and expenditures of Bond funds.